This is a short post just to show you this pretty armoire I painted a couple of months ago.
My customer is moving to a new house and decided to add some colors to her little girl’s room. The choice was peach with bird’s egg blue on the inside.
This is how it looked before.
I also painted a six-drawer dresser to match. You can check the pictures for that one on my Facebook page.
This is how I painted this piece.
- Cleaned with TSP diluted in water
- Fixed scratches and holes with wood filler
- Applied deglosser on the entire piece using a clean rag. This is a great substitute to light sanding if your piece is in good condition.
- Sprayed Rustoleum white primer on the entire piece. Inside and out.
- Spray painted 2 coats of Benjamin Moore Bird’s egg blue on the inside of armoire and drawer.
- Spray painted 2 coats of Benjamin Moore Summer Peach Tree 088
- Applied 3 coats of Minwax Polucrylic with my paint sprayer
I love this color combo! My customer and her daughter are very happy too.
Happy holidays everyone! I’ll be back next year. May 2017 be a much better year for our world.
This piece was featured on these link parties: