Tired of navy blue yet? I can’t get enough of it so apologies, but here goes another one.
This stunning piece was for sale at a thrift shop in a neighbor town. I can’t resist MCMs, and this dresser was no exception. It was one of the pieces I refinished for the same shop that was selling my pewter dresser, which SOLD today by the way!
This one is a higher ticket, so I guess it may take a while to sell, but I am absolutely in love with it.
My inicial plan was to paint it all in navy blue and nothing else. But when it was ready I thought it was too plain. Something was missing. Of course, this one had no pulls or knobs, which always give a special charm to any background color. I missed the metallic touch, so I finally I decided to do the gold dipped legs and gold trim around the top.
I was pretty happy with the result, though from now on, I will only pick MCMs with pulls.
How I did it:
- Cleaned, light sanded it and cleaned again.
- Primed the whole piece with Rustoleum Black primer (spray)
- Sprayed 3 coats General Finishes Coastal blue
- Sprayed Rustoleum Bright Cover gold spray to make trim and legs, taping and covering everything else to avoid over spray.
- Sprayed 3 coats of Minwax polycrylic satin
Let me know what you think!
Thanks for reading!