This is a quick post just to show you the before and after of this cute buffet. This was the second time used what is becoming my new favorite black paint, Valspar Furniture Paint.
In my area this paint is only available at Lowes, and they have to mix it, since there is no black furniture paint available straight from the shelf. I found out that they use the color “new black”, which actually looks a very dark gray when it is wet, but it dries to a beautiful satin black.
Here were the steps to paint this cutie:
- Removed drawers and shelves
- Light sanded the entire piece
- Fixed scratches and dents with hard wood filler. I like this one
- Cleaned with TSP diluted in water
- Primed with Rust-oleum black primer spray
- Spray painted 3 coats of Valspar Furniture Paint new black. This is the paint sprayer I use
- Distressed the edges of the piece using a 120-grit sandpaper
The part I love the most about this paint… No sealer needed.
And here are the pictures. Don’t you love the simplicity and elegance of a black piece?
Thanks for reading!